February 26 – March 01, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
1. What are the HAI HELI-EXPO 2018 registration rates?
HAI HELI-EXPO registration rates are listed at rotor.org/register.
2. How do I register to attend HAI HELI-EXPO 2018?
You can register online at rotor.org/register or register on site in Las Vegas. However, we strongly recommend that all attendees register online to save time and money. Early-bird rates end midnight Jan. 19. Register today!
3. Can I attend HAI HELI-EXPO even if I’m not a member of HAI?
Both HAI members and nonmembers are welcome to attend the show. However, HAI members receive a discounted rate. To receive that discounted rate, visit rotor.org/join.
If you have additional questions about HAI membership, please contact the membership department at email@example.com or 703-683-4646.
4. How do I submit my attendee registration?
HAI cannot accept registrations over the phone. You can register for HAI HELI-EXPO in four ways:
- Online: visit rotor.org/register
- Fax: complete this pdf registration form and fax it to 703-683-4745
- Mail: complete this pdf registration form and mail it to:
Helicopter Association International
Attn: Attendee Registration
1920 Ballenger Avenue, 4th Flr.
Alexandria, VA 22314-2989
- On Site: Registration will be available at one of the many Attendee Registration kiosks. However, we strongly urge you to spend less time waiting in line on site and register online early. Early-bird rates end midnight Jan. 19 2018.
Please note that payment must accompany your registration. Also, HAI will not accept faxed or mailed registration forms after the early-bird deadline of Jan. 19, 2018.
5. What type of payments are accepted for HAI HELI-EXPO registration?
We accept all major forms of credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) for online, fax, mail, or on-site registration. If registering by mail, you can submit a personal check, along with your printed registration form.
6. How do I register my spouse?
Spouses who accompany a full registrant can register at the spouse rate, which includes all benefits of a full 3-day registration. Learn more about the spouse rate at rotor.org/register.
7. Does HAI offer a student registration rate?
Students age 15+ who wish to register to attend HAI HELI-EXPO may do so at a discounted student rate. Learn more about the student rate at rotor.org/register.
Students will need to demonstrate proof of their student status with one of the following:
- School ID card
- Letter on school letterhead signed by your advisor or instructor
- Tuition receipt demonstrating current enrollment.
Students who register online for HAI HELI-EXPO will need to show proof of status on-site at registration. When registering by mail or fax, proof of status can be submitted along with your registration form.
8. May I bring my child and/or children to HAI HELI-EXPO?
Children are more than welcome to attend HAI HELI-EXPO. Registration for children age 14 and under is free. However, children must wear a youth badge, which can be picked up at Attendee Registration on site. All children (anyone under 18) must be accompanied by a registered adult.
For your safety, strollers are not allowed in the exhibit hall at any time. No exceptions will be made. Please make arrangements to leave strollers in the coat/bag check area.
9. Does HAI offer a military registration rate?
HAI does not offer a discounted rate for military personnel. However, active-duty military service members of any member state of the United Nations may become HAI members and receive the member discount on HAI HELI-EXPO registration.
If you are interested in joining HAI at the Military Member rate of $45 per year, you can sign up at rotor.org/join (please note: proof of military status must be provided). If you have additional questions about HAI membership for active-duty military, please visit rotor.org/military or contact the HAI membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-683-4646.
10. Can I make changes to my attendee registration?
HAI will accept changes to attendee registrations, such as the name on the registration or the dates attending, under the following conditions:
- Changes can only be made to attendee registration onsite. No changes will be accepted after Wed., Feb. 28
11. I left my attendee badge in my hotel room — now what?
We would be more than happy to reprint your Attendee Badge at Attendee Registration.
12. What is HAI’s cancellation policy for attendee registrations?
If for some reason you need to cancel your HAI HELI-EXPO registration, please email email@example.com by midnight Jan. 19, 2018, to receive a full refund minus a $20 processing fee.
13. I received a Guest Pass Code from an Exhibitor, how do I register using this code?
To register online using your code, go to rotor.org/guestpass. Here you will be asked to enter your email address to get started. On the following screen, enter the 4-digits guest pass code to begin your registration. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation page with a bar code. Bring this confirmation page with you on site, where you will be able to scan the bar code at any of the Attendee Registration kiosk to print your badge.
To register with a guest pass on-site, use your 4-digits code at any Attendee Registration kiosk. You will be asked to go through the same process as above. Your badge will print at the end.
14. How many days is a guest pass good for?
Each 4-digits guest pass code is good for one person to use one time for one day. Once a code has been used, it cannot be reused, even by the same person. For example, if you have one guest pass and plan to attend HAI HELI-EXPO for two days, please plan to register at regular attendee rates, once you have used your guest pass.
15. Does HAI have a housing block in and around Las Vegas?
Yes, HAI has a wide variety of hotels both near the Las Vegas Convention Center and in downtown Las Vegas. Below are some useful housing resources:
16. How do I make my hotel reservations for HAI HELI-EXPO 2018?
You can reserve your hotel room by visiting our HAI HELI-EXPO housing page.
Need to book more than 25 room nights or need a suite? Click Here to fill out this group request and onPeak will work with you to accomdate your needs.
HAI is providing free shuttle service between the Las Vegas Convention Center and hotels in the HAI HELI-EXPO housing block Mon., Feb. 26, through Thu., Mar. 1. The shuttle schedule will be posted in January 2018.
17. How do I submit my housing forms and get in touch with onPeak?
You can submit housing forms to onPeak by
- Email: HELIEXPOhousing@onpeak.com
- Phone: (855) 211-4898
- International: (312) 527-7300
18. Where can I find information about airport and transportation needs for HAI HELI-EXPO?
19. Where is on-site Attendee Registration located?
Attendee Registration is located in Grand Lobby, Las Vegas Convention Center (3150 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109)
20. What are the hours of Attendee Registration?
Attendee Registration will be open:
Mon., Feb. 26 • 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Tue., Feb. 27 • 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Wed., Feb. 28 • 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Thu., Mar. 1 • 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
21. What are the HAI HELI-EXPO exhibit hall hours?
The HAI HELI-EXPO exhibit hall will be open:
Tue., Feb. 27 • 10:30 am – 5:00 pm
Wed., Feb. 28 • 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thu., Mar. 1 • 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
23. Where are the HAI professional Education courses located?
Las Vegas Convention Convention Center • Grand Lobby, 2nd Fl.
24. Where are the education courses registration hours?
Fri., Feb. 23 • 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sat., Feb. 24 • 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sun., Feb. 25 • 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Mon., Feb. 26 • 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tue., Feb. 27 • 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wed., Feb. 28 • 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thu., Mar. 1 • 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
23. Where and when is the HAI HELI-EXPO Welcome Reception?
The HAI HELI-EXPO Welcome Reception will take place at the Encore at Wynn Las Vegas (3131 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89108) on Mon., Feb. 26, at 7:00 pm.
24. Where and when is the Salute to Excellence Awards dinner?
The Salute to Excellence Awards dinner will be held at the at the Encore at Wynn Las Vegas (3131 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89108) on Wed., Feb. 28, at 7:00 pm. The Salute to Excellence is not included in your HAI HELI-EXPO registration; a separate ticket is required. Purchase your Salute to Excellence individual ticket or table for 10 today!
25. Where can I find a listing of scheduled events?
Check out our Schedule of Events. Please note: you should reconfirm dates, times, and locations on site. Complete information will be printed in the HAI HELI-EXPO 2018 Program & Exhibit Guide, which is distributed to all attendees on site.
26. Is there an HAI HELI-EXPO show app?
The HAI HELI-EXPO 2018 show app is available for download. Show app can be downloaded for free from the App Store on either your Apple or Android device. You can also scan the QR code located on the front of your HAI HELI-EXPO 2018 Program & Exhibit Guide. From there, follow the instructions provided on your device to complete the download.
27. What are the dining options at the Las Vegas Convention Convention Center?
Information on dining options at the Las Vegas Convention Center will be posted at a later date.
28. What education programs are offered during HAI HELI-EXPO?
HAI Professional Education Courses
HAI Professional Education courses provide helicopter-specific training for pilots, maintenance technicians, managers, and safety professionals who want to improve their skills in career development, maintenance skills, operations management, pilot skills, and safety management.
- Cost: Attending an HAI Professional Education course requires a separate registration in addition to your HAI HELI-EXPO registration
- Courses Offered: Visit our Courses at a Glance page to view this year’s course offerings
- Schedule: With a few exceptions, HAI Professional Education courses are held before or after HAI HELI-EXPO (see the full schedule on the Courses at a Glance page); some courses are only half a day; others range from one to four days in length.
HFI Rotor Safety Challenge
The HFI Rotor Safety Challenge offers pilots, maintenance technicians, and other aviation professionals safety tools and techniques that can be applied back on the job.
- Cost: The HFI Rotor Safety Challenge is free to registered HAI HELI-EXPO attendees and exhibitors; no additional registration is required
- Courses Offered: Visit the Rotor Safety Challenge schedule to view this year’s offerings, or browse this list of session descriptions
- Schedule: The Rotor Safety Challenge begins with the HAI Safety Symposium and the Safety Directors Forum on Mon., Feb. 26. The other events in the Rotor Safety Challenge will take place on Tue., Feb. 27, and Wed., Feb. 28; most are 1 hour in length
Manufacturer Technical Briefings
Offered annually at HAI HELI-EXPO, the Manufacturer Technical Briefings promote safety in the helicopter industry by providing free technical presentations and inspection authorization renewal opportunities for maintenance professionals.
- Cost: The Manufacturer Technical Briefings are free to registered HAI HELI-EXPO attendees and exhibitors; no additional registration required.
- Courses Offered: The list of 2018 briefings is available here.
- Schedule: The Manufacturer Technical Briefings will be held on Tues., Feb. 27, and Wed., Feb. 28, and are 55 minutes in length
Inspection Authorization (IA) Renewals
HAI HELI-EXPO offers a variety of education activities accepted by the FAA for inspection authorization (IA) renewal credit. The list of courses available for IA renewal credit is available here.
FAA Continuing Education and Other Credits
HAI HELI-EXPO offers a variety of opportunities to receive professional aviation career-related credit, both before and during the show:
- Flight Instructor Certificate Renewal: Upon successful completion of the Flight Instructor Refresher Course, students will receive authorization for renewal of their certificate
- FAA WINGS and AMT Credits: The list of learning opportunities at HAI HELI-EXPO 2018 that qualify for FAA WINGS or AMT credit is currently development.
- Other Aviation Professional Credit: Professional Education courses offered at HAI HELI-EXPO are often approved by other aviation-related professional organizations to confer professional credit; this will be on a case-by-case basis and at the discretion of the instructor.